We have two locations in the St. Louis, MO area
Ophthalmology Consultants’ Implantable Refractive Lenses Web Page:
The surgeons of Ophthalmology Consultants are excited to offer the Visian ICL (implantable contact lens) to our patients. The Visian ICL is made of an advanced soft-material lens, composed of 100% biocompatible collagen copolymer that provides UV protection with permanent vision correction. Patients achieve a quality of vision that is sharper, clearer, and more vivid than they can realize with glasses or contacts.
Who is a good candidate for the Visian ICL?
Anyone between the ages of 21 and 45 who suffers from moderate to severe nearsightedness, with or without astigmatism, may be a candidate for a Visian ICL.
What are the advantages of the Visian ICL?
- Sharp, Clear Vision – Patients experience sharp, clear vision with depth and dimension almost immediately and at all distances – eliminating the need for glasses and contacts.
- High Patient Satisfaction – 99% of patients are satisfied with their Visian ICL vision.
- Additive Technology – The Visian ICL is an additive technology that does not permanently alter the shape of your cornea, like LASIK or PRK.
- Proven Technology – Visian ICL has been available for over 20 years and over 1,000,000 have been implanted worldwide
- While it is intended to be permanent, the Visian ICL can be removed easily at any time.
- No Dry Eye – Visian ICL does not cause or contribute to dry eye syndrome, like other corrective procedures may.
- Quick Recovery – Virtually painless and the recovery time is very brief. Patients often return to work the next day.
- UV Protection – Constant UV protection helps safeguard your eyes from the increased chance of many eye disorders related to UV radiation exposure.
- For Non-LASIK Candidates – Visian ICL is a great solution for patients that have been told they were not a candidate for LASIK vision correction.
The Visian ICL Procedure
The Visian ICL is implanted behind the iris and in front of the natural lens. It is not attached to any structures within the eye and is designed to stay in position. Patients experience minimal discomfort during and after the procedure. Patients enjoy a natural cosmetic appearance right after the procedure with no appearance of the ICL and now a life without glasses or contacts.