An Ophthalmic Tester is a valuable asset to an ophthalmologist as they assist in providing excellent patient care to the patients during their visit. An Ophthalmic Tester is able to handle a wide range of duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service during every patient encounter. Display a professional attitude, greet patients promptly with a smile and demonstrate patience throughout the patient testing process.
- Practice urgency at all times with patient's time, as well as doctor's time and schedule.
- Perform diagnostic tests on patients of all ages and mobility.
- Provide a brief explanation of each test to patients so they understand what role the test is playing in their diagnosis and care.
- Interface each test result to the patient’s electronic medical record.
- Demonstrate teamwork while working efficiently along with other Ophthalmic Testers.
- Accurately complete the patients fee ticket with all testing performed.
- Assist with chart documentation, scribing and patient flow as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, COA or COT is preferred.
We offer health/dental/vision insurance, employer-paid life insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO), employer-matched 401k, monthly incentive programs, generous employee purchase program, family purchase events, certification reimbursements, a leadership team that knows everyone by name and loves to promote from within, and a whole lot more!
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (636) 227-2600. Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.
EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.