Josh E. Amato, M.D.
Dr. Josh Amato graduated with distinction from St. Louis University School of Medicine. He interned at St. John’s Mercy Medical Center and completed his ophthalmology residency at the St. Louis University Eye Institute.
Dr. Amato is board-certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. He is licensed to practice in Missouri and Illinois.
Dr. Amato is native to St. Louis. He enjoys family time with his wife and three children.
Areas of Specialty
- Small incision without stitches
- Presbyopia-correcting lens implants
- LASIK, PRK, refractive lens exchange
Age-related macular degeneration
Diabetic eye disorders
Primary Eye Care
- Comprehensive eye examinations
- Eyeglass & contact lens prescriptions
Certification and Professional Societies
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Missouri Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- St. Louis Ophthalmological Society